Monday, October 25, 2010

rghhhhhhhinerrrrrrtiaaa



So here's an office wall sculpture in Toronto featuring paper held together with paperclips. These little bird-planes offer visual interest, some ambiance and a soothing spa-like feeling. And today, they are also my symbol of mental freedom. A bit of flying around. Some leaving the ground. Up, up and away, please.

Good ol' Wikipedia, the lazy girl's book of knowledge, tells me inertia is "the resistance of any physical object to a change in its state of motion or rest." I've been practicing some hardcore mental resistance/resting lately. A lot of "rrrggghhh" happening over here. Complete inability to make decisions. A single-minded approach to the status quo. So I read idly on with two feet glued to the ground. Wikipedia tells me more. Sir Isaac Newton, friend of apples, "defined inertia in Definition 3 of his Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica, which states, 'the vis insita, or innate force of matter, is a power of resisting by which every body, as much as in it lies, endeavors to preserve its present state, whether it be of rest or of moving uniformly forward in a straight line.'" 

Amen. Although I'm not one for straight lines (don't like 'em. can't draw 'em. too rigid, strict and naaaarrrrooow. bleh.), I've gotta get my current state of being back to movin' & groovin'. All of this preserving my state of rest has turned my stomach into anxious little knots. I need a little momentum. Some leapin' lemurs. A change, as it were. 

Something to move me towards the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel. Could be one of the Prospect Park tunnels as seen below or any tunnel of your choice. 



Just looking for a little push. Any inspiration, movement or otherwise, is greatly appreciated. This is my inertia-resisting attempt to get some words down here on "grin bear move." Please help keep me going. Send me your moving thoughts, moving targets, moving movies, moving poems, moving trucks, moving songs, moving quotes or moving moments. I'm open and ready to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment