Sunday, February 1, 2015

poetry breather


When I'm alone at a table in a restaurant for a hot minute--instead of making eye contact, instead of sipping serenely--I pull out my phone like the best of 'em. Rest of 'em. When I can pull my scrolling eyes and restless fingers away, I open the yellow glowing notepad (dating my OS) and write. Here's something I uncovered from a few months ago that I reworked. And honestly, I was distracted all the way through the process. But I wrote it down instead of thinking about writing it down. Enjoy!

Hey Busy Hands
(quick slip)
take a moment
(type treat)
breathe
(check, double check)
think big
(tap go back)
have thoughts
(undo)
obliterate them
(ping bling fling sing ding)
with endless lists
(fists fingers linger)
announcements
(can't stop eyes glaze)
and sadness 
(sip steady ready un-dead-y)
simply sit
(fidget flake)
Busy Hands
(hey it's hard)
all thumbs
(quiver itch slide pop)
just this
just this
refresh



No comments:

Post a Comment