Thursday, October 27, 2011

walking the labrynth



I set out to walk the labyrinth on Second Street in Lewes, Delaware. I've walked by it almost every day as I galumph by with my wild canine thing on a leash. The friendly brochure from St. Peter's Episcopal Church next door tells me that labyrinths, having one path to the center, are not trying to bewitch, bother and bewilder me like a maze. Mazes want to bamboozle me, but not the labyrinth. Labyrinths can create peace, ease anxiety and can be "healing and restorative tools that cross cultural and spiritual boundaries." Thank you friendly brochure. As it welcomed me of amorphous, earthy spirituality, I waltzed in and gave it a whirl.

I thought I might take a clever video of my feet traveling the path. That quickly unravelled with my not-so-steady hand cam. It was a nauseous, callous video. And I felt self-conscious and self righteous, wandering upright with my camera. So I opted for some still photos instead. That drew me closer to the rocks. Really close. Kneeling down in the dirt close. That gave me a better perspective, helped my lose myself in my task and made for a much better "walk."

One rock at a time. One rock at a time. One rock at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment