Tuesday, February 22, 2011

still life with bears

Insane Still Life With Bears.

I have no explanation. There is no explanation. One day, I just came home and these two were in my kitchen, arguing over who makes the better blueberry crumble. No? Okay. This raucous pair forever stands still in an antique warehouse near Lancaster, PA. It's true. Cubicle after cubicle of antiques, antiques, antiques. So many antiques your mind begins to race with possibilities. Maybe I need do need this old milk crate. I need it real bad. Real bad. So many antiques your knees begin to buckle and you wonder if you'll ever eat again. But why would you eat? It seems like such a nice idea to just lie down right here in the dust and never get up again. And then, out of nowhere, these bears. 

Seems like nothing is for sale here. Just..."I will get you!" "No! I will get you!" "No! I will get you!" And so on. 

And then I finally did find a lovely, ancient pie decorator to purchase. At least I think it's a pie decorator. Any which way, it looks good in my kitchen.

These poor bears. They may as well be wearing tutus. No only were they hunted and stuffed like caricatures, they are made to eternally play out this ridiculous battle of bear wills in this bizarrely domestic den. Perhaps Bear on the Left isn't really roaring, he's heaving a worldly sigh. And Bear on the Right throws up his hands in existential anguish. Perhaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment