Monday, February 21, 2011

tide me over


Here are some jellyfish to tide me over. Tim visited the Baltimore aquarium last week and took these surprisingly vivid shots of jellies with his phone (great for photos! Terrible for phonecalls.). I love the serene, floating glow of these squishy guys--a nice image of weightlessness, suspension and letting go. Maybe they'll sting you. Maybe they'll kill you. But for right now, they're free and easy. 

These jellies are just to tide me over until I can write about the big new stuff. The big new stuff is that I have a new puppy, Etta Loretta. She is a bottomless treasure trove of movement inspiration--graceful, clumsy, galumphing, playful, naughty, sweet, sly, slick, courageous, cowering, nosy, sleepy and hysterical (both the funny and the crazy kind). I don't even know where to start writing about her since we are in the midst of full-on puppyhood. My baby brain is keeping me from thoughts that run deeper than food, walk, sleep, food, walk, sleep. But I know this little site will soon be filled with the presence of Etta and her wildly moving puppy adventures. 

In the meantime, meet Etta...

No comments:

Post a Comment